Bessacarr U11s Greens have clinched a deal with the Hallgate based firm which will see the team, based at Cantley Park, carry the firm’s logo on its shirts next season. The team’s players gathered at the firm’s offices with manager Jon Cook and Free2Learn chief commercial officer Andy Hibbitt for a photo shoot.
It is now a legal requirement for door supervisors to have Physical Intervention Training before they are able to renew their SIA licence, but it’s also something we recommend for security operatives who also could face similar challenges and need the skills to deal with them to minimise the risk of injury to members of the public and to themselves.
Free2Learn at Work offer free Physical Intervention Training and Refresher courses, but it’s not always easy to know whether you need to take it or not. Here’s how to find out whether you need to take the extra training or not.
You DON’T need to if:
- Your Door Supervision qualification was awarded after September 2010
- Your Door Supervision qualification certificate says “[AWARDING BODY NAME] Level 2 Award in Door Supervision (QCF)”
You DO need to if:
- Your Door Supervision qualification was awarded before 2010
- Your Door Supervision qualification was awarded between June and September 2010 and your training course did not include the physical intervention skills module
If you need the extra training you’ll need to pass the ‘Up-Skilling for Door Supervisors’ award before you can renew your license. This is available through training providers who offer the licence-linked door supervision qualification.
This is a 1 day training in physical intervention, plus self-study on topics such as:
- first aid
- awareness of terrorist threats
- considerations dealing with young people and children
The physical intervention training has been included as a stand-alone unit since June 2010, so if you’ve completed it before, you don’t need to again. You just need to submit your certificate to the training provider and ask for it to be recognised as prior learning. You will still need to complete a self-study workbook and pass an assessment to gain the full qualification, however.
To find out more about getting this qualification training for free, please contact Free2Learn.
Contact Our Offices
263 Mare Street Hackney E8 3NS
020 8525 9430
26-30 Holborn Viaduct EC1A 2AT
020 8525 9430
65 Hallgate Doncaster DN1 3PB
01302 373 003
1st Floor 86 Cross Street
0161 414 0400
1 Moreton Street B1 3AX
0121 655 0105