Review Date: October 2017
Next Review Date: October 2018
Free to Learn Ltd aims to apply the principle of sustainable development, meeting the needs of the present without compromising on the needs of the future generations:
- Communicate the importance of environment issues to our employees.
- Free2Learn, its directors and employees will at all times make the best possible effort to comply with all applicable laws and regulations relating to the environment.
- We will set targets annually in order to achieve continuous improvement.
- All senior management shall be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Free2Learn policy, including the establishment of programmes and reporting requirements throughout their organisation.
- We will incorporate in our environmental practices the best available technology that is economically achievable.
- We will minimise the use of all materials and energy and not use any materials derived from endangered species.
- Try and work towards reducing carbon footprint, improve recycling, reduce reliance on packaging, minimising waste, improve efficiencies on finite natural resources in all companies operations.
- We will communicate regularly with our stakeholders, staff, and customers, on matters of environmental policy and practices and encourage feedback
- We will implement policies, procedures and management systems to assess and monitor, on a continuous basis.
Environmental Implementation Plan
|Maximise the energy and water efficiency on all existing premises.||Constantly control the spend of the water and energy.
Ensure staff receive energy saving and sustainability policy information at time of induction.
|Immediate and Ongoing|
||Implementation of ‘switch off’ signs by all light switches
|Immediate and Ongoing|
||Monthly checks of lights not working to be reported to the Facilities Manager||Immediate and Ongoing|
||Obtain quote from electrical contractor to change lights in high footfall area||Immediate and Ongoing|
||Energy saver heater currently in use in all populated areas||Immediate and Ongoing|
||Ensure classrooms are populated to maximum capacity on each lower floor ensuring lifts are used to a minimum. Make learners aware of the benefits of using stairs as part of daily exercise health routine||Immediate and Ongoing|
|Maximise the use and value of materials in the waste stream and create opportunities to contribute to the green economy.||Promote the contribution to the green economy.||Immediate and Ongoing|
|Ensure that all the buildings have “smart mobility” in order to improve air quality, reduce congestion and improve marketability.||Promote the use of the public transport by the learners and staff as all the centres have the public transport accessibility.||On-going|
|Promote wellbeing and Health and Safety among the learners.||Wellbeing and health and safety information to be included in the learners leaflet and classroom sessions.||November 2013
Signed: Gabriella Gherscovic Position: Director