Balance and Wellness at work
It’s more important an ever to have balance and good wellness while at work. We spend most of time there and having a good relationship and habits can make sure that we maintain good mental health and a working life.
What are the signs of an unhealthy work life balance?
There are a few different signs you can look out for:
- Being unhappy about the time you devote to work
- Neglecting other aspects of your life like socialising, physical activity etc
- Working long hours
- Spending time thinking about work outside of work
- Feeling anxious or irritable about work
- You stop taking care of your body
- You don’t care anymore
- No clear boundaries between work and home
- You are lonely
What can you do to have a good balance and have good wellness at work?
- Make sure to take breaks
- Do exercise or meditation
- Stick to your working hours
- Be realistic
- Make time for things you love
- Know your limits
- Make your workspace work for you
- Have your holiday
- Have a social life and set plans
- Spend time with family
- Unplug from work as soon as you leave the building
It’s hard to balance all parts of your life and these tips can help start a change for the better. If you feel as though you are at a point where you would like to talk someone about your situation you can contact:
We also have more resources here if you need support with employment, health, housing and more.